In the Belly of the Beast
Monstro has swallowed up Sora and the gang, but there’s a lot more going on inside this whale’s stomach than meets the eye. Pinocchio and Geppetto have also been swallowed up, and are desperately looking for a way out. When you first arrive, you’ll have to follow Pinocchio over to the ship for a small scene with Geppetto. Pinocchio runs off to explore, so naturally, you’ll have to go after him.
The next series of areas to explore is a very complicated and twisting maze that will get most people lost. Some chambers circle back on themselves while others lead to dead ends. For the quickest path to your destination, follow the step-by-step navigation guide provided below.
- Entering from the Mouth starts you in Chamber 1. Take out any Heartless that show up, and then hop up onto the higher ledge and enter Chamber 2.
- Inside Chamber 2, defeat all of the Heartless that appear and be sure to grab the nearby Treasure Chest. When you’re done, head into Chamber 3 straight ahead.
- The doorway in Chamber 2 has brought you to the mid-level of Chamber 3. While fighting and traversing in this area, it is important not to fall off, as this will force you to return to Chamber 1 and start all over. Use the barrels nearby to reach some of the higher platforms, like the one with a Treasure Chest. Hop back down to the mid-level platform and proceed through to Chamber 2 (this is not the same door you used to enter Chamber 3 though. There is another door that also leads to Chamber 2 directly across from the door you used to enter Chamber 3).
- Back in Chamber 2, it is important not to fall off this higher level. Knock out all of the Heartless that appear and then jump from atop one of the barrels to reach the platform across the gap with a Treasure Chest. Jump on top of one of the barrels on this platform to jump back across the gap and use the nearby doorway to enter Chamber 5.
- Clear out all of the Heartless in the room and head straight through to Chamber 6.
- Entering Chamber 6 will drop you right in a battle with some Barrel Spiders. Take them out, but be sure not to fall off the top step in this area and fall to the lower level. You will not be able to get back up and you’ll have to pretty much start all over. Once you’ve made your way down the steps, taking out all of the Heartless that show up, collect the Treasure Chest nearby. Head back up the steps and climb up on one of the remaining barrels to access a platform above with another Treasure Chest. Drop back down and head through the doorway at the bottom of the steps to access Chamber 5.
- This lower area of Chamber 5 is filled with Heartless, so clear them out when you first enter. Use the Blue trinity to obtain a ton of Munny and a Cottage. Be sure to grab the nearby Treasure Chests also. Use the nearby barrel to jump up to the higher ledge and take out all of the Heartless up here without falling off the edge. Use the barrel near the doorway to reach the higher platforms on the walls. There are Treasure Chests here as well. Hop back down and go through the doorway you passed earlier to access Chamber 4.
Chamber 4 has a Save Point that you should probably use before entering the Bowels. Inside, a nasty Heartless waits for you!
Boss: Parasite Cage
HP: 450 / EXP: 500
The Parasite Cage is a relatively easy battle compared to some of the bosses you’ve taken down lately. It attacks mostly by flailing its arms around, knocking you away and dealing only minor damage. You can usually hammer through with aerial combos pretty successfully without being interrupted too much.
You should target the head until it faints temporarily, at which point you should shift your attention to its caged stomach. Attacking this section will deal a little more damage than when you were attacking the head, and will also cause the Parasite Cage to drop MP Orbs with each hit. Don’t worry too much about healing during this fight, as Riku will heal you pretty frequently.
Victory Reward: Cheer Ability for Goofy