Square-Enix Announces “Kingdom Hearts Project <3"!
Just a few moments ago, Square-Enix held a private conference in which Shinji Hashimoto announced the newest Kingdom Hearts project, “Kingdom Hearts Project <3". The project is thought by many to be none other than the long-awaited Kingdom Hearts III, though nothing has been officially confirmed yet. Here are some of the details being speculated about "Project <3"
- It will be released sometime after Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX (which has still yet to be officially confirmed)
- The game has been in production for some time
- Agrabah is set to return. Aladdin’s father is also set to make an appearance, suggesting a “King of Thieves” storyline that will finish off the Agrabah story
- Andy’s Room is one of the new worlds, introducing the Toy Story characters to the Kingdom Hearts universe
- There are rumors about other Pixar worlds, though nothing has been confirmed so far
- Sora, Riku, Donald, and Goofy will return as playable characters. Kairi is also rumored to be a playable character, though this has not been confirmed
- Characters from Final Fantasy XII and Final Fantasy XIII are set to make an appearance, though specific characters have not been revealed
There is also a lot of speculation as to the timing of this announcement. Considering it is April Fool’s Day, many people are hesitant to believe that suddenly, the game we have all been waiting for since 2006 is finally on the horizon. Of course, we’d like to believe that Square-Enix would never pull such a cruel prank on the fans, but the truth is, we just don’t know.
As always, we’ll keep you updated on more news as it becomes available. Check back for more updates coming soon!